Professionalism - Micro-credentials Opportunities
Micro-Credentials are new to Kentucky but well known throughout the country as a way to personalize learning for educators. They are a type of professional learning that is based on mastering specific competencies. Educators identify a competency they want to develop, submit evidence that they have mastered the competency, and receive a digital badge once the evidence is approved.
NEA offers over 100 micro-credentials to members free of charge. These micro-credentials have been created and will be reviewed by educators. They take approximately 10 hours to complete and you have six months from the time you apply to finish and submit your micro-credential.
- Micro-credentials are a competency based recognition that can be issued for formal and informal professional learning experiences to support educators developing skills and acquiring knowledge to improve classroom practices that support student success.
- Micro-credentials offer personalized learning experiences for educators
- Micro-credentials are on demand. The learning happens anywhere, anytime.
- Micro-credentials are sharable. They can be shared with evaluators, posted on social networks and added to resumes.
- Go to nea.certificationbank.com
- Make an account
- Browse for topics that interest you
- View the micro-credentials by clicking on the image
- Click “apply” when you are ready to start
- Individuals may use micro-credentials for your own personal learning goals
- Teams or PLC’s(professional learning communities) may use micro-credentials to support their learning goals.
- The micro-credential can be shared on social media, resumes, portfolios, or shared with your evaluator.
- Bully Free Environment
- Working with English Language Learners
- Creating Safe School Spaces for LGBTQ students
- Classroom Management
- Cooperating Teacher
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- Early Career Educator (InTASC)
- National Board Five Core Propositions
- Teacher Leadership