Professionalism - KEA TALK - Let's TALK Conference
Registration will open soon! Download a flyer here to share with your colleagues.
SAVE THE DATE for the 3rd annual Let's TALK: Conversations about Effective Teaching, a conference for, by and about Kentucky teachers will be held June 15-16, 2015 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Louisville KY.
Cost to attend:
- Registration fee is $50; $25 for pre-service teachears
- Hotel lodging
Who should attend:
- Paraprofessionals/instructional assistants/aides
- Instructional leaders with teams of teachers or others who support teaching excellence
- Pre-service teachers
- Higher education
Would you like to be a presenter at the conference? Check out all the details here.
Will this conference be helpful? Worth your time and money? View the 2013-14 conference program and what your colleagues have to say below:
- One of the best things about the conference is I felt like a professional! This is the first PD I’ve been to in roughly five years where I actually felt INSPIRED and ready to impact my students in a positive way.
- It was great to see and hear from teachers in the field.
- The flip book on PGES was ingenuous.
- I really love the fact that KDE, KEA and Prichard Committee were all involved and that so many teachers were included in the planning committee.
- I would like to thank the coordinators, who put this together. I felt valued. I felt like a professional. I felt like I was really receiving the kind of information and professional development that educators are SUPPOSED to be getting. The speakers were top-notch; the collaboration created between KDE, KEA and District was superb and necessary. It's been a really long time since I have received any "kudo's" for the work I do as an educator. It was refreshing and motivating to have other professionals recognize our hard work. Again, you all did a superb job with this conference. Please do it again next year!!! Thank you so much.
- The Let's TALK Conference was an outstanding professional development opportunity. The $150 gift card was amazing! I will definitely be attending next year!